This year for me had started off really rough. Nothing much has really gone according to plan. I have been wondering what the hell I did to piss Murphy of royally. Needless to say, due to all the drama in my life crafting, sewing and blogging has suffered. I really wanted to make myself a dress for Easter. Unless I pull a all day sewing Saturday adventure, it’s not going to happen. My
family will understand that making a new dress is more important than being prepared for Easter, right?
So here is the pattern and the vintage fabric I wanted to use.
What do you think of this striped fabric? This dress pattern a good selection? I have been waffling about my decision. I am certain I will like this fabric as a full skirt. The bodice in this stripe just throws me a little.
I will definitely have to muslim out the bodice and maybe do some adjustments to get the fit right based on the envelope measurements.
I also randomly decided that I should work on the fit of a pair of pants I have had. Basically this happened because I could rip out the seams and sit on the couch and snuggle up in a blanket.
I am adding some fabric to them at the pocket to change how sharply they came in at the hips and waist. Everything was going well until I discovered that I had no matching thread to top sticth the seams.
I don’t know how this is even possible with my drawers of thread, but it happened, nothing matched. Off to the store I had to go. Pants on pause. Sigh!
Work in progress. When I got matching thread, I also picked up thread to hem jeans.
So now I have to fix the waist band, but I am not quite sure what I want to do with it. I was thinking of just adding a section of the new fabric over the new pocket fabric, but the more I think about it, the more I just want to make an all new waist band. The ultimate goal is to make it look not so obvious that I made some changes to the pants.
Well here is to hoping that things quite down and my crafting plans get back on track.