But I never wore it because the straps just weren’t long enough and the top cut into my armpits, making the most unflattering creases and rolls. The straps are just fancy satin bias tape so I figured that I could cut them open , make more bias tape, and add to them so the shirt fit better. Off to my local Joann Fabrics I went, shirt in hand, to match the straps color with a similar fabric.
I attempted to cut out a very small intricate design using my Cricut and a very thin scrapbook paper. The paper ended up becoming very stuck to the mat and was not salvageable.Why didn’t I use card stock anyways? ~~*sigh*~~
Remember that fox fabric I shared in my first and only stash post? I mentioned that I wanted to make a pair of sleep shorts with it sometime. Well sometime happened sooner then later. I decided I could just whip them up real quick while I am on my stay vacation. So in order to do this I decided to use an online pattern I found instead of making my own. However, this didn’t really lend itself to time saving. The pattern edges were cut off/missing no matter how I printed the pdf. So in the end I had to kind of make my own pattern. Let me show you how I did it. Continue reading
Happy New Year Everyone! I have been taking it easy the past few days due to my back giving me some grief. But today I felt o.k. to be up and about and decided to take a peak at what is left in my garden. Despite being officially winter the weather has been mild, which has extended the growing season.
This is great since the spring was so rainy my garden was not looking like it was going to be successful. So I spent a little of the afternoon removing the last of my Brussel sprouts and one kohlrabi. This led to trimming and cleaning the sprouts to get them ready for freezing. This reminded me a of Pinterest fail I encountered this summer in my garden. Continue reading